NS SAVANNAH GENERAL RECEIPT AND HANDLING INSTRUCTIONS FOR NUCLEAR POWER PLANT EQUIPMENT
General receipt and handling instructions at the shipyard for the N.S. Savannah nuclear power plant equipment from Babcock and Wilcox are covered with separate instructions provided for particular items. Details are given for facilities to be provided for the company representatives, for receipt and inspection of equipment, and for handling and storage procedures. Appendices provide the bulk of the report. Appendix A deals with cleanliness requirements for erection and field subassembly of systems and equipment for a pressurized water nuclear power plant. This is then itself appended, with sections on grades of cleanliness for nuclear merchant ship reactor plant systems, recommended sealing or capping methods, New York Shipbuilding supplied equipment, and cleaning of equipment. Appendix B gives final specification for the inspection of equipment upon receipt at the shipyard.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number BAW-1133.
Babcock and Wilcox CompanyAtomic Energy Division
Lynchburg, VA United States 24504
- Dunton, E D
- Publication Date: 1959-2-6
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: 28 p.
- TRT Terms: Construction; Materials management; Nuclear power plants; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactors
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear reactor construction
- Subject Areas: Construction; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00026148
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Contract Numbers: AT(30-3)-274
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 6 1973 12:00AM