FERROCEMENT DEVELOPMENTS IN NEW ZEALAND
During the period August 1973 to January 1974, the author was associated with a local firm which is engaged in marine and terrestrial ferrocement activities. These activities provided an opportunity to assess the potential of ferrocement as well as the undertaking of tests of new hull construction techniques that combine ferrocement with steel fiber reinforced mortar. This report summarizes current development, assesses current potential of the material, presents the results of the test series, and ends with recommendations for future development. This report does not attempt to review the general state-of-the-art of ferrocement hull construction.
Romualdi (James P)Pittsburgh, PA United States
Naval Ship Research and Development CenterBethesda, MD United States 20034
- ROMUALDI, J P
- Publication Date: 1974-5
- Pagination: 36 p.
- TRT Terms: Ferrocement; Hulls; Materials selection; Shipbuilding
- Old TRIS Terms: Hull construction
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00084436
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Contract Numbers: N00167-74-C-0171
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 26 1975 12:00AM