NUCLEAR MERCHANT SHIP REACTOR PROJECT CASUALTY ANALYSIS
Presented is a compilation of information which resulted from a series of critical reviews which have been completed on the systems in the reactor plant of the N.S. Savannah. Of principal concern are the effects of failures or malfunctions of single components since the various auxiliary systems are interrelated. A tabular format is utilized in this report for the presentation in conjunction with system engineering flow diagrams, instrumentation schematic diagrams and electrical diagrams on which the analysis is based. Not presented is recommended corrective action following a casulty.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number BAW-1157.
Babcock and Wilcox CompanyAtomic Energy Division
Lynchburg, VA United States 24504
- Kulynych, G E
- Bybee, R T
- Publication Date: 1959-7-15
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 250 p.
- TRT Terms: Failure analysis; Nuclear power plants; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactors; Safety
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026147
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Contract Numbers: AT(S0-3)-274
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 6 1974 12:00AM