INFLUENCE OF SELECTED MODULAR CONTAINER DESIGNS (PALCON/TRICON) ON LKA-113 CLASS SHIP CARGO HANDLING AND STORAGE
Ship cargo loading profiles for the PALCON/TRICON designs and for palletized cargo are developed. Ship storage relationships are examined to determine differences in potential benefit. Using these loading profiles, LKA off-load performance is synthesized by computer simulation for palletized cargo and for two variations of PALCON/TRICON discharge. In the second stage, cargo discharge rates and the productivity of ship-to-shore transfer vehicles are examined. Cargo packaging is assessed in terms of its impact on the LKA's 'level of supply' and general unloading performance.
Presearch Incorporated2361 Jefferson Davis Highway
Arlington, VA USA 22202
- Sykes, W E
- Betts, M B
- Burt, T E
- Toomey, J F
- Publication Date: 1974-7-2
- Pagination: 140 p.
- TRT Terms: Cargo handling; Cargo handling equipment; Container handling; Containers; Design; Freight transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo movement; Container design
- Subject Areas: Design; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00084431
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: PI-TR-258 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: N00024-73-C-5285
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 26 1975 12:00AM