DECK AND ENGINE OFFICERS IN THE U.S. MERCHANT MARINE SUPPLY AND DEMAND, 1974-1984
The study is the third in a continuing series to provide industry and government with information needed for effective manpower planning. The results of the third study suggest that if current trends continue, a shortage of both deck and engine officers is likely before the end of this decade. Because of the sensitivity of this conclusion to various assumptions made in the study, the analysis will continue on a regular basis, as new data become available, in order to check the validity of the current results and to update other information needed for planning purposes.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- LUCIANO, P J
- Publication Date: 1974-5
- Pagination: 80 p.
- TRT Terms: Labor market; Manning requirements; Marine transit; Military personnel; Personnel management; Training
- Old TRIS Terms: Officer training
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Education and Training; Marine Transportation; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00084430
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MA-GEN-510-70008 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 15 1978 12:00AM