NUCLEAR MERCHANT SHIP REACTOR-CONTROL ROD DRIVELINE TESTS
A prototype control rod driveline for the N.S. Savannah was tested for component performance. These tests were designed to evaluate the materials, design, and fabrication methods of the entire assembly, and to determine operating characteristics and requirements. Testing was divided into five phases, each consisting of life cycling and instrumentation tests. Schematic diagrams are provided for the ramp generator, bias valve, simplified hydraulic system, frequency response instrumentation, and scram instrumentation.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number BAW-1176, C81.
Babcock and Wilcox CompanyAtomic Energy Division
Lynchburg, VA USA 24504
- Thoren, D E
- Gestson, D K
- Publication Date: 1959-11
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 111 p.
- TRT Terms: Control systems; Nuclear power plants; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactors
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear reactor control systems
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026146
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: BAW-1176, C-81
- Contract Numbers: AT(30-3)-274
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 6 1973 12:00AM