TRANSIT DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM: FY 1975 TO FY 1976. TECHNICAL BACKGROUND FOR SELECTING PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION IMPROVEMENTS
In an effort to place the needs of the public and private transit carriers into a single document (to better ascertain the appropriateness of the needs and to call for the implementation of the long-range transportation planning effort on a continuing basis), the basis is documented for developing a fundable program for transit development in the Chicago-Northwest Indiana Region. In an evaluatory report of the existing conditions, all the various transit aspects are summarized. The anticipated 5-year capital needs (FY 1975 - FY 1979) are presented, and documentation is provided of the 5-year capital needs of the region as input for determining regional priorities. Estimates of costs by funding sources, implementation responsibility, the maintenance of the transit development program, coordination of transit systems, past and current assistance efforts, results of research, development and demonstration, noncapital intensive solutions and congestion relief are other aspects discussed.
- Prepared in cooperation with the Federal Highway Administration and financed in part by a grant from the Urban Mass Transportation Administration.
Chicago Area Transportation Study300 West Adams Street
Chicago, IL USA 60606
- Publication Date: 1974-9
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 500 p.
- TRT Terms: Capital; Coordination; Costs; Development; Financing; Highway planning; Implementation; Improvements; Maintenance; Private transportation; Public transit; Regional planning; Research; Traffic; Traffic congestion
- Uncontrolled Terms: Congestion; Fund allocations; Research and development
- Old TRIS Terms: Traffic planning
- Subject Areas: Finance; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Research;
- Accession Number: 00084380
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: CATS 352-02
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 2 1981 12:00AM