CAPACITY OF AT-GRADE JUNCTIONS
This report considers the efficient design of at-grade intersections, concentrating on methods of estimating the capacity of these layouts. Major/minor priority and traffic signals or traffic circles with offside priority are the control methods most suited to high traffic demand. Included in an appendix are a detailed example of the German method for major/minor intersections, traffic signal capacity calculations based on "saturation flow" (Europe) and "load factor" (US), and a description of the latest design methods for traffic circles with offside priority (as widely used in the UK). Safety and environmental acceptability are intersection design aspects of fundamental importance.
Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development2001 L Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20036
- Publication Date: 1974-11
- Pagination: 119 p.
- TRT Terms: Benefit cost analysis; Design; Highway capacity; Intersections; Load factor; Traffic circles; Traffic control; Traffic signals
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria; Intersection capacity
- Old TRIS Terms: Traffic control systems
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00084321
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: ISBN 92-64-11317-7
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 1 1975 12:00AM