SAFEGUARDS ANALYSIS REACTOR SERVICING SYSTEM
A nuclear servicing system for the N.S. Savannah is described in detail as well as the safety features provided for system operation. The proposed servicing facilities include a non-propelled floating facility for providing services at any point in a harbor where service might be required; a permanently installed shore facility located on navigable water with maintenance, storage, and decontamination areas; maintenance, repair, and drydocking procedures and requirements; and transportation equipment to transport all radioactive material to a reprocessing plant or a disposal site in shielded containers.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number SPD-59-060.
General DynamicsQuincy, MA USA 02169
- Garabedian, H V
- Publication Date: 1959-6-22
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 29 p.
- TRT Terms: Maintenance; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactors; Safety
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear reactor safety
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026143
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: SPD59-060
- Contract Numbers: AT(30-3)-338
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 6 1973 12:00AM