NS SAVANNAH PRESSURE LOSS CALCULATIONS
The pressure drop across the core of the N.S. Savannah fuel replacement loading system was determined to ensure that General Electric's design was compatible with the Babcock and Wilcox system. This was accomplished by analytically predicting the pressure loss for the 25 rod partial prototype, determining the best calculation methods and parameters by correlating calculated values with the experimental results obtained from the fluid flow tests of the prototype, and then calculating the pressure loss across the fuel design.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number GEAP-3227.
General ElectricMarine Turbine & Gear Engineer, 1100 Western Ave
Lynn, MA USA 01910
- Mickle, R A
- Publication Date: 1959-7-21
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Fuel systems; Nuclear fuels; Nuclear powered ships; Refueling
- Old TRIS Terms: Fueling systems
- Subject Areas: Energy; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026141
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: GEAP-3227
- Contract Numbers: AT-(04-3)-189
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 6 1973 12:00AM