BRIDGE DECKS CONSTRUCTED FOR INCREASED DURABILITY
The experimental features incorporated in this study were compaction, brooming, and bi-layered construction. Broomed surfaces initially exhibited a higher skidding resistance than non-broomed surfaces: broomed surfaces, however, wear more rapidly. No conclusive evaluation could be made at this time of the bilayered system and of tests made on the concrete cores. Electrical measurements made on the decks indicated there was no active corrosion of the steel.
- Record URL:
- Study Title: Specially Constructed Bridges
Lexington, KY United States 40508
- Rahal, A S
- Publication Date: 1974-10
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 32 p.
- TRT Terms: Bridge decks; Brooming; Compaction; Corrosion; Pavement layers; Skid resistance
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00084132
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Intrm Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: KYP-71-25
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Apr 22 1975 12:00AM