TOTAL PRESSURE GAGE PERFORMANCES SPECIFICATIONS
A total pressure gage measures total pressures in soil masses, including pore water pressure and mechanical pressure of the soil grains. This gage also measures liquid, gas, or mechanical pressures where they exist separately such as in liquid or gas reserviors or in dry granular material. It is called a total pressure gage because it measures the whole pressure in a mass irrespective of the types or causes of the pressures. This gage measures total or whole pressures without introducing rigid materials into a soil mass. Rigid materials in a mass change the pressures at the gage from what they would be without the presence of such a gage, and inherently give false pressure readings.
Dana Laboratories, Incorporated2401 Campus Drive
Irvine, CA USA 92664
- Publication Date: 0
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 2 p.
- TRT Terms: Earth pressure; Energy resources; Gases; Granular materials; Pore water pressures; Pressure gages; Reservoirs
- Old TRIS Terms: Gas reserviors
- Subject Areas: Energy; Geotechnology; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00084087
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1975 12:00AM