DISPLACEMENT GAGE PERFORMANCE SPECIFICATION
A displacement gage measures movement of dams, pavements, and other structures in relation to a stable reference point. This gage measures these movements about 20 times more accurately than standard survey instruments, can be read intermittently by one man or can be connected to continuous recorders. It also has the advantage of measuring movements far underground or in other normally inaccessible locations. These gages are usually installed during construction of a structure but in many cases they can be attached to an existing structure. They are built to operate reliably for years underground. The gage converts mechanical displacement into an electrical signal which is carried by a cable to a convenient point above ground for reading or recording.
Dana Laboratories, Incorporated2401 Campus Drive
Irvine, CA USA 92664
- Publication Date: 0
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 3 p.
- TRT Terms: Dams; Dislocation (Geology); Measuring instruments; Motion; Pavements; Underground structures
- Old TRIS Terms: Underground
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Geotechnology; Highways; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 00084085
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1975 12:00AM