SHORT SPAN STEEL BRIDGES (LOAD FACTOR DESIGN)
This design aid for engineers presents tables and details of designs made in accordance with the "Standard Specifications for Highway Bridges of the American Association of State Highway Officials." Moments, beam and cover plate sizes, deflections, shear connector spacing, superstructure quantities and reactions are tabulated for rolled beam bridges using USS COR-TEN B (ASTM A588, grade A) high-strength low-alloy atmospheric corrosion-resistant steel and astm A36 structural carbon steel. Drawings illustrate typical details for diaphragms, bearings, beam splices, crest-in-place and precast concrete decks, expansion joints and guardrials. Tables are presented for 28 ft roadway with H-15 loading, and for 34 ft and 44 ft roadways and HS2D loading. Superstructure details, pile bent tables and pile bent details are also given.
United States Steel CorporationPark 80 Plaza West-One
Saddle Brook, NJ United States 07662
- Publication Date: 1973-9
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 147 p.
- TRT Terms: Beams; Bents; Bridge substructures; Bridge superstructures; Fasteners; Guidelines; Load factor; Metal bridges; Moments (Mechanics); Plates (Engineering); Shear reinforcement; Steel bridges; Superstructures
- Uncontrolled Terms: Bridge spans; Shear connectors
- Old TRIS Terms: Beam tables; Cover plates; Moments; Rolled beam
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00084063
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 22 1975 12:00AM