ANALYSIS ON THE IMPROVEMENT OF VIBRATION AND ACOUSTIC CHARACTERISTICS OF AUTOMOBILES
The transfer functions of a vehicle's dynamic systems, which denote the exciting force characteristics of driveline, vibration transmissibility of body structures and the characteristics of acoustic radiation from vehicle floors, are determined by forced vibration experiments. These three transfer functions are combined together into one, and frequency response characteristics of the vehicle's dynamic systems, composed of vibration and acoustic elements, are obtained by computer simulation techniques. By application of this approach, the relationship between the sound pressure in the passenger compartment and the parameters of vehicle components is investigated and the technical criteria for improvement of vibration/acoustic characteristics are clarified.
New York, NY USA 10017
- Yoshida, A
- Suzuki, Y
- Publication Date: 1974-10
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Acoustic properties; Frequency response; Motor vehicle bodies; Simulation; Transfer functions; Vehicle components; Vehicle dynamics; Vibration
- Old TRIS Terms: Automobile bodies
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00084062
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE Paper No. 740950
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 22 1975 12:00AM