THE INFLUENCE OF TEST SITE ON EXTERIOR VEHICLE NOISE MEASUREMENTS
A series of tests were conducted to establish the correlation among various sites for vehicle exterior noise measurements. The purpose of this paper is to present the results and the method developed to achieve the correlation in terms of the following: (1) Ford and site equipment differences, (2) driver differences, and (3) differences between site physical qualities. This paper also discusses the results of the analysis performed to determine the overall test repeatability for all sites, the test repeatability for each site and the repeatability of test equipment at various test sites.
New York, NY United States 10017
- Sheth, N J
- Gegesky, P S
- Publication Date: 1974-10
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Correlation analysis; Location; Motor vehicles; Sound level meters; Test procedures; Testing
- Uncontrolled Terms: Building sites; Reproducibility
- Old TRIS Terms: Exteriors
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00083998
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE Paper No. 740967
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 22 1975 12:00AM