IMPROVEMENT OF AUTOMOBILE FUEL ECONOMY
A series of road, engine, chassis dynamometer, and accessory power consumption tests was conducted in order to characterize the fuel economy of 1973 standard and intermediate size vehicles. Combinations of individual improvements were selected and applied to the same vehicle. The evaluation procedure was repeated, and fuel economy improvements of 30 to 70% were predicted by comparison with 1973 model year vehicles.
New York, NY United States 10017
- Coon, C W
- Wood, C D
- Publication Date: 1974-10
- Pagination: 18 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles by type; Chassis; Dynamometers; Energy; Fuel consumption; Road tests
- Uncontrolled Terms: Accessories; Vehicle make
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00083994
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE Paper No. 740969
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 22 1975 12:00AM