FORD AUTO/EMISSION DRIVER SYSTEM
The Ford Auto/Emission Driver System automates the driving of a test vehicle on a chassis dynamometer while it is undergoing exhaust emissions testing. It consists of a hybrid analog and digital electronic control console including a magnetic tape recorder and a servo hydraulic mechanical console linked to universal interface fixture in the vehicle via flexible mechanical push-pull cables. Test results indicate, based on several empirical parameters, that the system "drives" the test vehicle more repeatably than even the best human driver.
New York, NY United States 10017
- Gryce, R T
- Publication Date: 1974-10
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Chassis; Digital computers; Driving; Dynamometers; Exhaust gases; Magnetic tapes; Pollutants; Testing equipment
- Old TRIS Terms: Digital systems; Magnetic tape recording
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00083993
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE Paper No. 741007
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 22 1975 12:00AM