FORD AUTO/EMISSION DRIVER SYSTEM
The Ford Auto/Emission Driver System automates the driving of a test vehicle on a chassis dynamometer while it is undergoing exhaust emissions testing. It consists of a hybrid analog and digital electronic control console including a magnetic tape recorder and a servo hydraulic mechanical console linked to universal interface fixture in the vehicle via flexible mechanical push-pull cables. Test results indicate, based on several empirical parameters, that the system "drives" the test vehicle more repeatably than even the best human driver.
New York, NY USA 10017
- Gryce, R T
- Publication Date: 1974-10
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Chassis; Digital computers; Driving; Dynamometers; Exhaust gases; Magnetic tapes; Pollutants; Testing equipment
- Old TRIS Terms: Digital systems; Magnetic tape recording
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00083993
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE Paper No. 741007
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 22 1975 12:00AM