URBAN TRIP DISTRIBUTION FRICTION FACTORS
Trip distribution study reports are summarized and graphs are presented which show friction factors that were developed by various cities (taken from final reports and various technical reports). The curves are grouped by purpose and city size and are plotted directly from the given information. The graphs or composites could be utilized for synthesis, or borrowed to run a gravity model for a city. They may also be useful as an initial set of factors to any city calibrating a gravity model using origin destination data.
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 90 p.
- TRT Terms: Friction factor; Graphics; Gravity models; Origin and destination; Traffic assignment; Urban areas; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Graphical analysis
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00083977
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 8 1981 12:00AM