AN AUTOMOTIVE GAS GENERATOR
The complete design of a system to generate carbon monoxide gas to run a 350 cm3 automobile engine is presented. The horsepower output using CO, and the amount of gas required to produce this horsepower, is determined. The gas generator including heat resistant materials, filtering and cooling system, carburetor, hopper, feeder and gas storage system are designed in detail. The start-up system and procedure is described.
New York, NY USA 10017
- Hoar, J
- Publication Date: 1974-10
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Carbon monoxide; Carburetors; Cooling; Energy; Filters; Gasoline engines; Horsepower; Thermal resistance; Vehicle power plants
- Old TRIS Terms: Automobile engines
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00083957
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE Paper No. 740960
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 22 1975 12:00AM