MINERAL RESOURCES AND THE ENVIRONMENT
This report looks at mineral resources and their availability, including coal and petroleum. The report recommends for the U.S. a policy of conservation in the use of petroleum. The report also considers copper resources. The report concludes that world reserves of petroleum and natural gas will be seriously depleted by the end of this century, which is about 25 years.
- Prepared by the Committee on Mineral Resources and the Environment.
National Academy of Sciences2101 Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC United States 20418
- Publication Date: 1975
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 348 p.
- TRT Terms: Coal resources; Energy resources; Mineral resources
- Uncontrolled Terms: Energy crisis
- Subject Areas: Energy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00083953
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: IBSN 0-309-02343-2
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 1 1975 12:00AM