PRACTICAL TUNNEL DRIVING
This volume is confined primarily to the practical side of tunnel driving. The authors endeavored to explain in detail the fundamental operations that form the basis for each tunnel job, large and small, in soft ground or hard. In recognition of the fact that no two tunnels present the same driving conditions, this book gives several variations of fundamental procedures such as ground support, drilling, shooting, mucking, track installation and haulage, shaft operations, pumping, concrete lining, and others. The new edition has been annotated to incorporate changes in tunneling technology over the three decades since initial publication.
McGraw-Hill, Incorporated330 West 42nd Street
New York, NY United States 10036
- Richardson, H W
- Mayo, R S
- Publication Date: 1960
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Photos;
- Pagination: 447 p.
- TRT Terms: Construction; Subways; Tunneling
- Old TRIS Terms: Subway construction
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00083950
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 1 1975 12:00AM