TECHNOLOGICAL CHANGE IN REGULATED INDUSTRIES
This book examines technological change in the regulated industries, including electric power, communications, and air and surface transportation. One complete chapter is devoted to surface transportation. This chapter examines several specific cases, including the relationship of Rail Form A costs on the long piggyback flatcar, and the Big John Grain Rates case. The chapter also looks at mergers and at highway and inland waterway transportation.
- This publication contains papers prepared for a conference of experts, with an introduction and summary.
Washington, DC USA 20036
- Publication Date: 1971
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 238 p.
- TRT Terms: Costs; Freight traffic; Grain; Piggyback transportation; Rates; Regulations
- Identifier Terms: U.S. Interstate Commerce Commission
- Uncontrolled Terms: Grain trade
- Old TRIS Terms: Government regulations; Rail form a costs
- Subject Areas: Finance; Freight Transportation; Law; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00083941
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 22 1975 12:00AM