THE DILEMMA OF FREIGHT TRANSPORT REGULATION
This is a background paper prepared for a conference of experts at the Brookings Institution, together with a summary of the conference discussion. There are six studies of the facets of regulation of economic activity in this volume. Because of the divergence in view concerning the proper nature and extent of transport regulation, the Brookings Institution decided to undertake a study that would cover systematically the implications of maintaining the current regulatory policies or of adopting alternatives. Following the background on freight transportation policy, the author summarizes the conference discussions.
Washington, DC United States 20036
- Friedlaender, A F
- Publication Date: 1969
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 216 p.
- TRT Terms: Deregulation; Policy; Regulations
- Identifier Terms: U.S. Interstate Commerce Commission
- Old TRIS Terms: Government policies; Government regulations
- Subject Areas: Law; Policy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00083940
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 22 1975 12:00AM