PROCEEDINGS OF THE SECOND INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON VEHICLE MECHANICS
This volume reports the simultaneous technical sessions that were held on four major subjects--automobile dynamics, rail-vehicle systems, off-the-road vehicle systems, and ships and hovercraft. Presented are manuscripts and abstracts of the lecture presentations. The railway engineering topics include: Basic Theory on the Torsional Strength of Freightcar Body and Container; Modern Trucks for Very High Speeds (in French); Metro on Rubber Tires (in French); Development of a Computer Model for Simulating Railroad Track Structures; Statistical Analysis of Track Defects and their effects on Vehicle Ride (in French); Vertical Dynamics of a Rail Vehicle (in French); Theoretical Study of Transverse Stability of Rail Vehicles and Initial Experimental Results.
- Conference held at Paris VI University, September 6-9, 1971.
Swets and ZeitlingerKiezersgracht 487
- Publication Date: 1973
- Features: Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 496 p.
- TRT Terms: Dynamic structural analysis; Dynamics; High speed vehicles; Rail (Railroads); Ride quality; Suspension systems; Train track dynamics; Trucks; Vehicle design; Vehicle dynamics; Wheels
- Subject Areas: Design; Motor Carriers; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00083939
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 22 1976 12:00AM