GAS-COOLED REACTOR PLANTS FOR MARINE PROPULSION
The technical approach to the development of the Maritime Gas Cooled Reactor prototype is described. The objectives of the MGCR program are an unusually compact plant, low capital, fuel, and operating costs, and operational safety with a minimum requirement of nuclear containment. Component and material selections are discussed. Performance is estimated for the processes chosen for adaptation to the MGCR.
- Part of the Proceeding of the 1958 Nuclear Merchant Ship Symposium, held in Washington, D.C., August 21, 1958.
General DynamicsQuincy, MA United States 02169
- Pigford, T H
- Publication Date: 1958-8-21
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Costs; Economics; Electric power plants; Nuclear power; Nuclear power plants; Nuclear reactors; Reactor fuel cycle; Safety
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear fuel cycles; Power plant costs
- Subject Areas: Economics; Finance; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00026128
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 4 1973 12:00AM