CRACK-ARREST TECHNIQUES IN REINFORCED CONCRETE STRUCTURAL ELEMENTS--1. LABORATORY TESTS
Tests were conducted to develop improved methods of arresting or preventing undesired flexural cracking within the tensile zones of conventionally reinforced concrete beams. Specimens representing several potential crack-arrest techniques including fiber-reinforced concrete, concrete with wire mesh, and epoxy-resin concrete were tested under either short- or long-term static loading.
U.S. Army Waterways Experiment Station3909 Halls Ferry Road
Vicksburg, MS United States 39180-6199
- Cox, F B
- Publication Date: 1974-11
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 161 p.
- TRT Terms: Beams; Concrete structures; Cracking; Reinforced concrete
- Uncontrolled Terms: Reinforced concrete beams
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00083915
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: #C-74-7 Tech. Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 1 1975 12:00AM