PROCEEDINGS OF THE 1958 NUCLEAR MERCHANT SHIP SYMPOSIUM, HELD IN WASHINGTON, D.C., AUGUST 21, 1958
The objectives of the second symposium on the application of nuclear power to merchant ship propulsion were to acquaint shipping officials with the state of the art of nuclear propulsion for ships, to explore and discuss operational problems of nuclear-powered merchant ships in foreign commerce, to gain the benefit of the views of merchant marine industry officials, and discuss the outlook for nuclear propulsion to meet the specific requirements of the industry. Reports on the construction of the N.S. Savannah, the design of a nuclear tanker, maritime reactor propulsion systems, and economic comparisons were presented.
Atomic Energy Commission,
Maritime Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1958-8-21
- Pagination: 203 p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Economics; Nuclear power; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactors; Ship operations
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear reactor design
- Subject Areas: Design; Economics; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00026126
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Contract Numbers: TID-7563
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 4 1973 12:00AM