REACTOR SYSTEMS AND COMPARISONS
Comparisons between systems, cost estimation techniques in general, and areas of potential cost reduction are discussed. The four reactor systems analyzed, PWR, BWR, GCR, and OMR, are shown with shielding and containment vessel arrangements installed aboard ship. The basic design philosophy employed for all of the reactors is the same except for the organic-moderated reactor.
- Part of the Proceedings of the 1958 Nuclear Merchant Ship Symposium, held in Washington, D.C., August 21, 1958.
American-StandardAtomic Energy Division
Mountain View, CA United States
- Conklin, D L
- Publication Date: 1958-8-21
- Pagination: 13 p.
- TRT Terms: Economics; Nuclear power; Nuclear power plants; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactors; Reactor fuel cycle; Safety; Ship operations
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear fuel cycles
- Subject Areas: Economics; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00026125
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Contract Numbers: TID-7563
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 4 1973 12:00AM