SOME DEVELOPMENTS IN THE ECONOMIC APPLICATION OF NUCLEAR POWER TO MERCHANT SHIPS
Considerable study has been devoted to the economics of nuclear propulsion. The initial studies have considered the application of a boiling water type reactor to the propulsion of the T5-S-RM2a tanker. Comparisons of a number of cycles using this reactor were made and indicated that the maximum advantages and the greatest progress would be attained by proceeding with a design using a natural circulation type reactor with a direct cycle.
- Part of the proceedings of the 1958 Nuclear Merchant Ship Symposium, held in Washington, D.C., August 21, 1958.
Sharp (George G) Incorporated100 Church Street
New York, NY United States 10007
- MacMillan, D C
- Publication Date: 1958-8-21
- Pagination: 16 p.
- TRT Terms: Economics; Nuclear power; Nuclear power plants; Nuclear powered ships; Reactor fuel cycle
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear fuel cycles
- Subject Areas: Economics; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00026124
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Contract Numbers: TID-7563
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 4 1973 12:00AM