22,000 SHP MARINE BOILING WATER REACTOR POWER PLANT FOR COMMERCIAL TANKER. CREW TRAINING PROGRAM AND PRELIMINARY OPERATING PROCEDURES
A crew training program and preliminary operating procedures are presented for a 22,000 shaft horsepower marine boiling water reactor power plant of a commercial tanker. Recommendations for the crew training program are offered, and the San Jose training course is described. Preliminary operating procedures comprise the bulk of the report, dealing with: startup operation with port facility electrical power, with diesel generator power, and with the reactor at pressure and standby T-G set carrying the electrical load; normal operation at power; in-port operation; emergency cooling operation; and reactor plant shutdown.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number G-4-TWO.
General ElectricMarine Turbine & Gear Engineer, 1100 Western Ave
Lynn, MA United States 01910
- Weinzimmer, F
- Publication Date: 1958-8-1
- Pagination: 35 p.
- TRT Terms: Crew size; Design; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactors; Ship operations; Tankers; Training programs
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear reactor design; Tanker operations
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026120
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Contract Numbers: AT(04-3)-196
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 13 1973 12:00AM