VEHICLE BRAKING SYSTEMS TEST PROCEDURE--HYDRAULIC BRAKES
The objectives of this brake testing program were to refine the test procedures and test conditions specified in FMVSS 105a and to determine the degree to which current production commercial vehicles comply with the 1976 model year requirements. Seven vehicles ranging from a 1973 Chevelle Station Wagon (GVWR: 5,160 pounds) to a 1974 Ford LT-800 truck (GVMR: 37,000 pounds), all equipped with a split hydraulic braking system, were tested in this program. In general, the heavier vehicles had more difficulty meeting the 105a effectiveness requirements than the lighter vehicles. Performance on fade and recovery tests was similar for all vehicles.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/MVSS105a
- Boyer, R C
- Anderson, R L
- Enserink, E
- Publication Date: 1974-12
- Features: Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 275 p.
- TRT Terms: Brakes; Braking; Hydraulic brakes; Performance tests; Standards; Test procedures; Testing; Trucks
- Subject Areas: Highways; Motor Carriers; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00083741
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Highway Safety Research Institute
- ISBN: MVSS 105a
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT HS-801 308 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-046-3-769
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 8 1975 12:00AM