SURVEY AND ANALYSIS OF CARGO CONTAINERS FOR CARGO SHIPS: UNITED STATES AND WESTERN EUROPE
Contents: Importance of cargo handling to the Merchant Marine; The shipping container in the Maritime Trade; General conclusions of container study; Definition of terms; Scope of report; Influence of rail cars and trucks on container sizes; The American Standards Association; Size of Maritime shipping containers now in service; Size of shipping containers used in land transport; Container studies by steamship companies; Recent technical meetings; United States Army Transportation Corps; Department of the Navy; Container study, U.S. Department of Commerce, 1933; Summary of containers in Western Europe; Standardization in the container industry; International meetings on containers; Census of containers in Western Europe; Sizes of containers; Problem of transfer; Problem of weight; Ownership of containers; Customs regulations and tariffs; Maritime container services in Western Europe; Sizes of American shipping containers; Maritime container regulations of the European Federation of Railways; Regulations of containers for rail traffic of the European Federation of Railways.
Work Saving International1638 19th Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20009
- Publication Date: 1958-8-25
- Pagination: 42 p.
- TRT Terms: Bibliographies; Cargo handling; Containerization; Containers; Standards
- Old TRIS Terms: Container standards; Containerized cargo
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00026114
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Contract Numbers: MA-1786
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 14 1973 12:00AM