NS SAVANNAH CORE 1 FUEL SHUFFLE REPORT
This is a narrative type report which describes the work performed and problems that arose during the first refueling of the N.S. Savannah. The shuffle refueling involved replacement of 4 of 32 fuel assemblies of the original core with shares and repositioning and/or rotation of the remainder. The refueling was accomplished between August 23 and October 27, 1968. Concurrently a considerable amount of vessel and reactor systems maintenance and repair and inspections were accomplished.
Maritime Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1970-4
- Features: Figures; Photos;
- Pagination: 104 p.
- TRT Terms: Nuclear fuels; Nuclear powered ships; Refueling
- Subject Areas: Energy; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00003168
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Contract Numbers: MA-2206
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 30 1973 12:00AM