SHIPBOARD CRANES AND BURTONING GEAR
This is the second and final report on the operational effectiveness of shipboard cranes versus orthodox boom and winch gear. This is an evaluation of the cargo handling capabilities of the cranes aboard the M.V. Thomas Nelson under actual commercial operating circumstances, in comparison with the conventional gear of both the Liberty and C-2 types of freighters. The validity and importance of controlled tests, as compared with in-service tests, are discussed. An 8-page bibliography on shipboard cranes is included.
National Academy of SciencesMaritime Cargo Transportation Conference
Washington, DC United States 20418
- Publication Date: 1958-6-15
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 52 p.
- TRT Terms: Bibliographies; Cargo handling; Cargo handling equipment; Cranes
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00026112
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 14 1973 12:00AM