STATISTICAL DATA ON MARINE ACCIDENTS PERTAINING TO OCEAN VESSELS WITH 5000 TONS DISPLACEMENT AND OVER. PROJECT 1
Statistical data on marine accidents for the years 1953 through 1956 for vessels with a displacement in excess of 5000 tons is presented. The intent of this project is the delineation of accident causation factors and frequency affecting conventionally-powered vessels. The data presented should make it possible for others to evaluate the overall hazards to nuclear-powered vessels and subsequently utilize this information in determining safety considerations which may be incorporated into design and operating criteria.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number U-4-P-I-53.
United States Salvage Association Incorporated99 John Street
New York, NY USA
- Publication Date: 1958-5-25
- Features: Appendices; Tables;
- Pagination: 35 p.
- TRT Terms: Crash data; Crashes; Nuclear powered ships; Ship operations; Statistics
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00026105
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Contract Numbers: MA-1689
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 14 1973 12:00AM