MERCURY VAPOR SIGN LIGHTING
A committee was formed by the Bureau of Design Services (with the assistance of the Bureau of Traffic Control), Ohio Department of Transportation, to develop a design for the use of mercury vapor luminaires for sign lighting to take advantage of the longer life of mercury vapor lamps and thereby minimize the maintenance hazard associated with lamp replacement. A "Specification for Mercury Vapor Sign Lighting" was formulated and lighting industry luminaires were evaluated as to acceptability of physical features, lighting performance, and compatibility with equivalent fluorescent lighting fixtures currently used. After completion of the evaluation, three luminaires were found to be acceptable with minor modifications and another was acceptable with major modifications. A typical support system was then developed for the installation of approved luminaires on sign structure.
Columbus, OH United States 43215
- Publication Date: 1974-6
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 40 p.
- TRT Terms: Fluorescent lamps; Lighting; Luminaires; Mercury vapor lamps; Sign supports; Signs
- Old TRIS Terms: Fluorescent lighting; Mercury lamps; Sign structures; Support systems
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00083680
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Apr 22 1975 12:00AM