NUCLEAR MERCHANT SHIP REACTOR, THE EFFECTS OF FISSION PRODUCT LEAKAGE ON THE NMSR PLANT
This report presents the results of a study to predict the distribution of radioactive fission products which would escape from the oxide fuel in a defective fuel pin into the primary coolant stream and concentrate in the purification and gaseous waste collection system. For ease of discussion and calculations, the equations used are based on the amount of fuel, 1530 grams, in a pin operating at the average power.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number BAW-1110.
Babcock and Wilcox CompanyAtomic Energy Division
Lynchburg, VA USA 24504
- Montgomery, D W
- Publication Date: 1958-5
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 67 p.
- TRT Terms: Fission; Nuclear fuels; Nuclear power plants; Nuclear reactors; Radioactive materials; Safety
- Old TRIS Terms: Fissionable materials; Nuclear reactor safety
- Subject Areas: Energy; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00026102
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: BAW-1110
- Contract Numbers: AT(30-3)-274
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 6 1973 12:00AM