GASEOUS DISPOSAL SYSTEM--ADDENDUM
Refrigerated helium recirculating loops, along with a closed nitrogen loop using sufficiently pure nitrogen with provisions to avoid progressive oxygen contamination, are considered in this addendum to solve the problem of transferring heat from adsorption beds with an inert fluid, for the retention and disposal of radioactive waste gas. In both of the modifications (recirculated helium cycle and recirculated nitrogen cycle), the process stream remains virtually unchanged, and only the method of extracting the heat from the beds is affected. Process descriptions are given for each cycle, as well as explanations of refrigeration and components. Appendices make up the bulk of the report, giving flow diagrams and equipment layouts for each cycle.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number L-5-GD.
Little (Arthur D), IncorporatedAcorn Park
Cambridge, MA United States 02140
Babcock and Wilcox CompanyAtomic Energy Division
Lynchburg, VA United States 24504
- Publication Date: 1958-9-8
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 22 p.
- TRT Terms: Nuclear powered ships; Radioactive wastes; Spent reactor fuels; Waste disposal
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026097
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: C-61426
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 14 1974 12:00AM