BUS AND RAIL EVALUATION, FINAL REPORT PROJECT MICH. T9-1
This report covers the state of bus and rail transportation in the six counties of Southeastern Michigan. The report is in five parts. Part one is an overall description of the technical study including the history of the Southeastern Michigan Transportation Authority, the scope of the project and a description of the methodology. Reviews and comments are also included in this section. Part II contains an in-depth analysis of the physical assets of the bus systems, financial records, and maintenance and operating practices of eight bus systems. The third section contains a general description of an operating plan for the regional bus transportation system under SEMTA ownership and operation for the period 1970-1980. Discussed are an initial development phase during which the process of unification will be completed, the study of and implementation of improvements, and financial estimates. The fourth section is a report on commuter rail transportation with an introduction covering purposes and methodologies, and particular studies of specific corridors. The last section concerns a research and concept design project concerned with express bus service to inner city and suburban employment areas, dealing with locations of employment areas and residential areas of the unemployed in an effort to reduce unemployment through improved public transportation. /UMTA/
- Part II, "Report to Southeastern Michigan Transportation Authority on Regional Bus Transportation, Vol. I, Description of Present Operations" was previously published by NTIS, PB-191195.
Southeastern Michigan Transportation Authority232 West Grand River, Suite 1705
Detroit, MI United States 48226
- Publication Date: 1972-5
- Pagination: 502 p.
- TRT Terms: Bus transportation; Central business districts; Commuting; Economics; Express buses; Finance; Intercity transportation; Methodology; Public transit; Railroad transportation; Regional transportation; Suburbs; Systems analysis; Transportation; Transportation planning; Unemployment; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Inner cities
- Old TRIS Terms: Transportation system analysis
- Subject Areas: Economics; Finance; Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00083584
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Urban Mass Transportation Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-MI-09-0001-72-1Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: MICH T9-1
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 8 1975 12:00AM