JOINT CONTRACTOR SELECTION BOARD RECOMMENDATIONS AND RELATED REFERENCE DOCUMENTS FOR FIRST NUCLEAR POWERED PASSENGER-CARGO VESSEL, N.S. SAVANNAH
Official recommendations and related reference documents are presented for the establishment and development of the N.S. Savannah as the first nuclear-powered passenger-cargo vessel. Memoranda establishing the Contractor Selection Board are given, followed by minutes of the subsequent board meeting on October 23, 1957. Also included are: background information considered by the board, such as public laws, funding responsibilities, and bidding information; summaries of shipyard proposals; correspondence from shipyards regarding nuclear ship contract; and further minutes and follow-up actions of later board meetings.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number M-3-JCSB.
Maritime Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
Atomic Energy CommissionWashington, DC United States 20235
- Publication Date: 1957
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 113 p.
- TRT Terms: Nuclear powered ships
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00026096
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 14 1973 12:00AM