FORCES AND DISPLACEMENT IN CONTACT AREA OF FREE ROLLING TIRES
Of all the automobile safety studies made, one that has received much attention is tire design. Comfort, service life, and reliability have been the guideposts in the development of better and safer tires. The investigation of the forces that affect reliability is the subject of this paper, and emphasis is placed on determination of the parameters at the particular area where tire and road are in contact.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/HS009815
New York, NY United States 10017
- Seitz, N
- Hussmann, A W
- Publication Date: 1971-6
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Coefficient of friction; Design; Durability; Force; Reliability; Rolling contact; Tires
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00083412
- Record Type: Publication
- ISBN: HS 009 815
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE #710626
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 8 1975 12:00AM