PREDICTION OF TEMPERATURES ATTAINED IN A DIESEL ENGINE CYLINDER HEAD
This paper presents an engineering analysis of the temperature response of a diesel engine cylinder head. The temperature distribution attained in the cylinder head section located between the inlet and exit valve during warm-up and cyclic steady-state operation is computed employing finite difference techniques. Complicated boundary conditions, as well as the influence of the thermal state of the valves on the temperature distribution in the cylinder head, are incorporated in the analysis. Temperature response curves shown indicate good agreement between theory and practice.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/HS009801
New York, NY United States 10017
- LIMPERT, R
- Publication Date: 1971-6
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Cylinder heads; Diesel engines; Finite element method; Heat transfer; Mathematical analysis; Temperature; Valves; Vehicle components
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00083410
- Record Type: Publication
- ISBN: HS 009 801
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE #710617
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 8 1975 12:00AM