VBWR TEST FUEL ELEMENT, NUCLEAR MERCHANT SHIP REACTOR, INSPECTION & QUALITY CONTROL REPORTS
Reports are presented on the materials property, fuel pellet samples, and element assembly of the VBWR Test Fuel Element. Material property reports describe tests on cladding, end caps, ferrules, binding straps, alignment lugs, fuel material and insulating pellet material. The results of examination and inspection of fuel pellet samples are tabulated. Procedures are provided for inspection of purchased materials and components, helium leak testing of components, liquid penetrant testing of materials, cleaning of stainless steel components for nuclear applications, and inspection of fuel rods.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number BAW-MTM-9.
Babcock and Wilcox CompanyAtomic Energy Division
Lynchburg, VA USA 24504
- Weissert, L R
- Publication Date: 1958-8-28
- Features: Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 52 p.
- TRT Terms: Construction; Fuel elements; Nuclear fuels; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactors
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear reactor construction; Nuclear reactor fuel elements
- Subject Areas: Construction; Energy; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00026091
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: MTM-9
- Contract Numbers: AT(30-3)-274
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 26 1973 12:00AM