NS SAVANNAH PRESSURIZER CONSTRUCTION AND DESIGN CALCULATIONS
Design calculations and construction of the 2000 psi design pressure pressurizer are given in detail together with the specification calculations per U.S. Coast Guard and American Bureau of Shipping rules and regulations. The pressurizer was considered as a fired power unit in accordance with U.S. Coast Guard interpretation. No credit strength-wise is given to the cladding in the calculations. Complete details of the manway and all nozzles, including weldments, are provided. Calculations not required by the contract were also made to ensure the adequacy of the vessel from an external piping reaction viewpoint.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number B-3-NPR.
Babcock and Wilcox CompanyAtomic Energy Division
Barberton, OH United States
- Publication Date: 1958-4-21
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 122 p.
- TRT Terms: Construction; Design; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactors
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear reactor construction; Nuclear reactor design
- Subject Areas: Construction; Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026088
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Contract Numbers: AT(30-3)-274
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 26 1973 12:00AM