NS SAVANNAH GENERATOR CONSTRUCTION AND DESIGN CALCULATIONS
Generator construction and design calculations for the N. S. Savannah are presented as designed to specifications and regulations whose excellence have been proven over a period of years. Specific sections of the report deal with the generator itself, construction and fabrication features, code calculations, handhole and inspection openings, nozzle external load effect of the vessel, structural stability of steam drum support tubes, testing, radiographic examination, stress relief, and specifications. Appendices, which comprise the bulk of the report, present applicable Babcock and Wilcox drawings, code calculations for the heat exchanger and steam drum, non-code calculations for steam drum support and local heat exchanger shell stresses at primary inlet and outlet nozzles, and Babcock and Wilcox specifications.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number B-3-NGE.
Babcock and Wilcox CompanyNew York, NY United States
- Publication Date: 1958-9-19
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 208 p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Nuclear power plants; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactors
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear reactor design
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026087
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Contract Numbers: AT(30-3)-274
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 26 1973 12:00AM