ECONOMICS OF NUCLEAR AND CONVENTIONAL TANKERS
This report presents a supplement to Report No. ASAE-S-5, "Economics of Nuclear and Conventional Merchant Ships." It specifically augments that portion of the earlier report devoted to the economics of nuclear tankers by presenting economic data on three additional tanker sizes, each driven at three different speeds. To facilitate direct comparison of the different ship sizes, data from the previous report are, in certain instances, repeated here. Operating costs and return on investment are tabulated for all six ship sizes on three specific trade routes also.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number ASAE-S-13.
American-StandardAtomic Energy Division
Mountain View, CA United States
- Gordon, J J
- Buck, K E
- Publication Date: 1958-10-10
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 71 p.
- TRT Terms: Economics; Nuclear power; Tanker shipping
- Old TRIS Terms: Tanker economics
- Subject Areas: Design; Economics; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026084
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Contract Numbers: AT(04-3)-109
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 26 1973 12:00AM