RECOMMENDED REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ESTABLISHMENT OF A HEALTH PHYSICS DEPARTMENT IN A SHIPYARD DESIGNED TO SERVICE NUCLEAR POWERED VESSELS
Recommendations for a Health Physics Department in a shipyard devoted to the construction and repair of nuclear powered ships are outlined. Requirements are provided for personnel, space and facilities and procedures are outlined for area surveys before and after criticality, record keeping, daily routine and education.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number K-AT(30-3)-338.
General DynamicsQuincy, MA United States 02169
- Logsden, J
- Publication Date: 1958-6
- Features: References; Tables;
- Pagination: 37 p.
- TRT Terms: Maintenance; Nuclear powered ships; Radiation doses; Shipyards; Structural design; Training
- Old TRIS Terms: Radiological safety; Shipyard design
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00026080
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Contract Numbers: AT(30-3)-338
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 6 1973 12:00AM