INSTRUMENTATION FOR A FULLY AUTOMATIC ASPHALT MIXING PLANT
The operation of a pilot-scale asphalt plant is being put under the complete control of a small on-line computer with the aim of improving the accuracy and uniformity of both the composition and temperature of the materials produced by the plant. The computer control unit requires accurate information about the plant and the process; equipment for weighing, for moisture and temperature measurement and for sensing contents, level, motion and position has been installed on the plant for this purpose. The report discusses the factors that influenced the selection of the various instruments and outlines the progress made to date in the evaluation of those installed on the plant. /Author/TRRL/
Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)Wokingham, Berkshire United Kingdom
- Weeks, R
- Publication Date: 1972
- Features: Figures; Photos; References;
- Pagination: 33 p.
- TRT Terms: Accuracy; Asphalt; Automatic control; Information processing; Instrumentation; Materials selection; Measuring instruments; Mixing plants; Moisture content; Standardization; Temperature; Weighing devices; Weight
- ITRD Terms: 6155: Apparatus (measuring); 3882: Automatic; 4963: Bitumen; 3874: Control; 5916: Homogeneity; 9061: Location; 6136: Measurement; 3648: Mixing plant; 5920: Moisture content; 6722: Temperature; 5485: Weight
- Subject Areas: Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00083165
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)
- Report/Paper Numbers: TRRL LR 578 R&D Rpt.
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 2 1975 12:00AM