URBAN TRANSPORTATION -- ANOTHER ALTERNATIVE. A WORLD-WIDE SURVEY OF LIGHT RAIL TECHNOLOGY
Light Rail Transit is intermediate between bus transit and full subway rapid transit. Light Rail Transit has higher capacity and speed than bus, and lower capital cost than full subway rapid transit. This report surveys the use of Light Rail Transit around the world, compares Light Rail Transit to both bus transit and full subway rapid transit, and highlights the advantages of Light Rail Transit.
- Public Policy Studies #10.
Heritage Foundation214 Massuchesetts Avenue, N.E.
Washington, DC USA 20002
- Taylor, S F
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 55 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Costs; Data collection; Energy; Light rail transit; Policy; Rapid transit; Speed; Surveys; Trolley cars; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Capacity
- Old TRIS Terms: Government policies
- Subject Areas: Energy; Finance; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Policy; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00083084
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Book
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 8 1981 12:00AM